Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday, September 18, 2015: Travel Day to Beijing/Tour of Temple of Heaven

Philemon 1:3  “Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”  Praise God!  We arrived in Beijing after getting up at 0415 this morning.  Once we arrived we checked into our hotel and went on a tour to the Temple of Heaven.  We had lunch as well. We are now back in our rooms, yes rooms as we have two separate rooms.  I am by myself and the three teen girls are together.  The hotel is so old it does not have connecting rooms.  China will also only allow 2-3 people per room.  Unlike the U.S. four people have to have two rooms.

The flight was uneventful so we are safe and sound.  The Temple of Heaven was interesting and the architecture is quite amazing.  The girls are tired so they were not up for a very long walk around the garden area.  I would have liked to have spent a little more time there, but the guide had us in and out in an hour.  I like to walk through green gardens and just relax.  That will have to be saved for another time.

The girls are doing great as Annabelle is making them feel very comfortable.  I hope their joy continues as they say good-bye to her on Sunday and return with me to our home in TX.  I am not feeling very good about how they are going to react to our food as they have been able to pick out whatever food they like and are used to eating here in China.  You can say prayers for them in that regard.  I just try to think about how I would feel if I were put in a foreign country, did not know the language, and only had food I had never seen or smelled before in front of me to eat.  I can tell you I would probably cry. 

Tomorrow we have another tour day where we will visit the Great Wall and the Forbidden City.  We will also see an acrobatic show to complete the stay here in Beijing.  This will be the last day for the blog spot until I return home and get rested.  I will post a family photo of us once we get home and get over our jet lag.  I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed on Sunday night.  I just hope I don’t have issues with jet lag like I did last year.
I hope this finds you all well.  Thank you for following our adoption journey here in China.

Captions:  First: All of us (excluding Kyle as he went back to the U.S.) in front of the Temple of Heaven; Second: The Temple of Heaven in Beijing; Third: A description of the Temple of Heaven





1 comment: