Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thursday, September 17, 2015: Free Day/Pick up Visa Packages

2 Thessalonians 2:16  “May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.”  This verse is what I cling to as our trip is nearing an end.  I, more than ever, have had to rely on His encouragement this trip.  May you also find encouragement in our Lord, God, and Savior, Jesus Christ!

I forgot to mention that we all went to the local park, Yuexiu Park, across the street from the hotel yesterday with the girls.  This is my favorite park in China.  It is truly beautiful with many paths and trails, palm trees and bamboo shoots, lakes, culture, etc.  We played a some frisbee with the girls.  They know how to throw and catch very well!  Once we were a sweaty mess, we came back to the room.

Today was a wonderful day!  I finally had some down time without any drama.  I started my day working out and watching the republican debate while I waited for the girls to wake up.  After breakfast I walked in my favorite park by myself while the girls rested.  I actually found new paths I had never been on before!  This was a nice blessing on my last day in China.

YES!  I have the visa packages and immigration paperwork approved and ready for entry into the United States!  It is almost over.  Now we just have to get through immigration at the port of entry in the United States and then it is OVER!!!  Praise God!  He is in charge and will make His will happen.
Later in the day the girls wanted to go shopping one last time in Shamian Island.  They have not been shopping with us until today.  I was glad they wanted to come because they picked out a few things they liked and wanted from their country before coming home to America.

Tonight we will celebrate the birthday of another teen who is part of our Holt group and also would have timed out next week if not adopted.  We are excited because she and her family also live in Dallas, TX!  The three girls will now be able to see each other as they grow up. 

Tomorrow we head to Beijing for some tours.  I am not sure how much time I will have to post or what kind of internet connectivity I will have to send the postings to my cousin.  If I do not post, come back next week as I will post them once I return home.  We are going to the Temple of Heaven, The Great Wall, and the Forbidden City.  We travel home to America on Sunday!

Captions: First: Yuexiu Park; Second: Shamian Island; Third: Girls and Amy (Christian store owner at Shamian Island)




No comments:

Post a Comment